When the shoe is on the other foot and your organization is considering sponsoring a meeting or event, remember your good reputation is on the line. You will probably want to ask a few questions of the event organizers.
Our resident sponsorship expert, Mary Peters, has put together a quick list of questions you should be asking about green practices before opening your wallet
1) Do the organizers have sustainable policies? What are they?
2) Is the event being planned using green meeting guidelines?
3) Are the results of these efforts being measured?
4) Is the event being audited by a third-party?
5) Have the organizers calculated the carbon footprint?
6) What have they done to minimize the footprint?
7) How do they plan to measure and report on the environmental savings?
8) Will the media be alerted?
Spend your sponsorship dollars wisely!