- Ask for recycling at the facility
- Ask for a towel and linen reuse program
- Ask for no bottled water to be served
- Ask for bulk condiments and beverages
- Ask for excess food to be donated
- Ask for banquet water glasses not to be pre-filled
- Ask for use of china and linens; no disposables
- Ask if the venue has electronic signage
- Ask about sustainable, local food
- Ask for signs to be made of a sustainable material
- Ask for recycled content paper for printing or ask for no printing at all
- Ask client to communicate sustainability efforts and options to attendees.
Friday, January 20, 2012
Top 12 Green Practices to Ask For
The MeetGreen Conference Management Team recently voted on their favorite green practices to ask for when planning a conference or event. I am sure they won't mind if I share, so here are their top 12 "asks:"