- What is the purpose of the event?
- What are we trying to achieve?
- What does success look like?
- Do our current planning practices violate any principle of sustainability?
- What aspects of our event have the greatest negative impacts on the environment and the local community? What sustainable event practices will help achieve desired outcomes?
- What goals and objectives can we identify and how will these be measured to support transparent communication and future planning improvements?
- Of these, which do we have the greatest opportunity, or control, to influence?
- Do our stakeholders concur that these goals, objectives and measurements are relevant and important? How do we know?
Now that you know the questions, and maybe even some of the answers, here's the FREE resource to get you going, "Meeting The Future: The Sustainable Events Guide" from the Green Meeting Industry Council and The Natural Step. https://gmicglobal.site-ym.com/store/view_product.asp?id=1100094
Thanks to both of these organizations for producing this guide and to the volunteers who worked on it. GMIC continues to be the leader in providing practical resources for planners and suppliers to make our planet a better place.
Post a Comment